YOU SHOULD READ ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU USE THE WEBSITE AS YOU WILL BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THEM.
The following Terms and Conditions govern Your use of this Website. Your access to and use of the Website constitutes Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are applicable only to Persons accessing the Website. There may be separate terms and conditions that apply if You access other pages or follow links from the Website. It is Your responsibility to check and read such terms and conditions where applicable. Additional Terms and Conditions will apply to specific user and these will be specified accordingly.
The Company may, from time to time, without prior notice, make amendments to these Terms and Conditions. You are legally bound by such revisions and should, at regular intervals, visit this page to read the latest version of the Terms and Conditions which take effect when posted on the Website.
The following words and phrases will have the meanings set opposite them unless the context indicates otherwise:
- Additional Terms and Conditions means such terms and conditions which are applicable to particular Persons as specified in addition to these Terms and Conditions..
- Company, us or we means Singlife Financial Advisers Pte. Ltd.
- Confidential Information means:
- information relating to the Company, its customers (including Personal Information, policy details, health and financial information) or its business which is disclosed to (or is otherwise acquired by) You, Your employees, Financial Adviser Representatives or contractors, by or on behalf of the Company, and which is not publicly available; and
- all other information disclosed in circumstances which a reasonable person would consider to be confidential.
- FAA means the Financial Advisers Act (Chapter 110) as may be amended from time to time.
- Financial Adviser Representative means a Person who is employed or appointed by, or acting on behalf of the Company pursuant to a Representative Agreement with the Company, and who is registered with the Monetary Authority of Singapore as a licensed Person to perform Financial Advisory Services under the FAA.
- Financial Advisory Services means the types of financial advisory services as set out under the Second Schedule of the FAA, and which the Financial Adviser Representative is licensed to carry out.
- Material means articles, data, reports, opinions, financial and investment-related data, calculators, documents and other information or material including images and graphics posted and/or made available on the Website by the Company from time to time.
- Messages include all directions or requests communicated from time to time electronically between You and the Company.
- Personal Data means personal data as defined under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
- Personal Information means all information including Personal Data, health and financial information provided by You to the Company from time to time.
- Person or Persons shall be deemed to include an individual or other legal entities or bodies, corporate or unincorporate.
- Policyholder means a Person who is the legal owner of insurance policy(ies) or plan(s) with the Company.
- Terms and Conditions means the terms and conditions in the Website and Additional Terms and Conditions as may be applicable and / or amended, varied, or modified from time to time.
- User, You, Your or Yours means a user of the Website including but not limited to the Policyholder, Intermediary, Financial Adviser, Financial Adviser Representative or the respective parties’ representative, personnel, staff or employee
- Website means the applicable websites, listed below, accessible by the domain names set out opposite each of them:
- the website here;
Restrictions on Use of Website
- must not use or act on or through the Website, directly or indirectly, to commit any crimes;
- worms or viruses, using the Website to gain unauthorised access to any other computer, sending harassing, obscene, indecent, offensive or threatening electronic mail, forgery (or attempted forgery) and creation of false electronic mail messages or websites and the replacement, transmission or storage of any defamatory material on the Internet;
- must not access, or permit any other party to access, the Website for any purpose or activity of an illegal, fraudulent or defamatory nature;
- agree not to reproduce, frame, transmit, broadcast, adapt, modify, reverse assemble or reverse decompile the Website, or any of its component parts;
- must comply strictly with these Terms and Conditions and all other directions issued from time to time by the Company relating to Your access and use of the Website; and
- warrant that in accessing and using the Website, You will not breach any law or code, including without limitation, any copyrights, patents, trade secrets, confidential information or other intellectual property rights belonging to us or any other Person and any law or code (where applicable)
- relating to the collection, use, disclosure and protection of Personal Information.
Unless labelled to the contrary, the Company owns or uses under licence all intellectual property rights in all works and Material on this Website. You must not remove or modify any notices of attribution or copyright. The Website contains names and logos which are registered and unregistered trademarks of Singapore Life Holdings group of companies. Any use of the trademarks including names and logos, without our prior approval, would constitute an infringement of these trademarks and is strictly prohibited. You can request permission by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nothing contained in this Website should be construed as conferring, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, a licence or right to use any of the trademarks.
We make no representation that Material on this Website is appropriate or available for use in jurisdictions other than where specifically identified. Access to this Website Material from jurisdictions where such access is illegal is prohibited. If You choose to access this Website from other jurisdictions, You do so at Your own risk. You are always responsible for Your compliance with applicable laws. We are not authorised to do business in every jurisdiction. By downloading any Material, You are agreeing that You are not in a country where such export is prohibited and that You are not a Person or entity to which such export is prohibited. You are responsible for compliance with the laws of Your local jurisdiction regarding the import, export, or re-export of any Material. Information published on this Website may contain references or cross-references to products, programs or services that are not available in Your state or country. Consult Your qualified financial professional for information regarding the products, programs and services which may be available to You.
The information contained on the Website does not constitute a distribution, an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy. Some products or services detailed on the Website are only available to Persons in certain named countries. Your local legislation may not permit us to offer products or services to You in Your own country. We reserve the right to determine the eligibility of any user for any product or service. Please check with our Financial Adviser Representative as to whether such products or services are available in the country in which You are resident.
Not Advice or Offer or Solicitation
The Material on the Website is of a general nature and for information only and is not intended to be financial product advice or an offer or solicitation to sell any product or service. The Material and information does not take into account Your particular investment objectives, financial situation and needs, legal, tax or accounting advice. Accordingly, You should assess whether the Material is appropriate in the light of Your individual circumstances, and/or the individual circumstances of Your employee or any Person You are acting for, before acting or advising on the Material. If You are a policyholder, we recommend that You discuss any specific matters with our Financial Adviser Representative prior to making any decisions. The Material provided on this Website is not written or intended as specific tax or legal advice, and may not be relied on for purposes of avoiding any federal tax penalties. Our employees and partners are not authorised to give tax or legal advice. You are encouraged to seek advice about Your specific circumstances from Your own financial, tax, or legal adviser before making any financial decision.
The Website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. To the extent permitted under applicable law, all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of third party rights are disclaimed. The Material may incorporate information obtained from third parties (including but not limited to unit prices), the accuracy of which may not have been established by the Company. The Company gives no warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness, adequacy or completeness of the Material, and accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions in the Material however arising (including but not limited to errors or omissions arising as a result of the negligence of the Company, its directors, employees, Financial Adviser Representatives or representatives).
If You are dissatisfied with any portion of the Website, or with any of these Terms and Conditions, please discontinue using the Website.
You acknowledge that:
- in accessing the Website or the Material, you may acquire Confidential Information from the Company;
- the Confidential Information comprises information that is valuable and may cause serious damage and loss (including to third parties) if it is improperly disclosed or used.
You must hold all Confidential Information in confidence and may not make any use of it except for the purposes of, or as authorised under, these Terms and Conditions (or as otherwise approved by the Company), and may not disclose or permit or cause the Confidential Information to be disclosed to any Person except a Person authorised by the Company to receive it or where the disclosure is authorised under these Terms and Conditions. You are liable for any misuse of the Confidential Information by You.
Restrictions on Use of Materials
This Website is owned and operated by Singlife Financial Advisers Pte. Ltd. ("Singlife Financial Advisers") Except as otherwise expressly permitted by Singlife Financial Advisers, no Materials from this may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. You may download Materials displayed on this Website for Your use only, provided that You also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the Materials. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, or use the content of this Website for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without our prior written permission. We neither warrant nor represent that Your use of Materials displayed on this Website will not infringe rights of third parties.
Sending of Messages
Certain portions of the Website offer You the ability to send electronic mail messages ("email"). Email functionality, if any, is provided to You to facilitate communications between You and the Company. You should regularly access Your mailbox to read Your emails and ensure that old mails are archived and that Your mailbox size is not exceeded.
The Company shall have no liability for any loss or damage that results from:
- interception and / or unauthorised use by third parties of any information You send by email or;
- unaccepted email requests, orders or instructions or;
- the Company not having received email requests, orders or instructions even though it has been sent or;
- You not receiving any of your emails for whatever reason whatsoever or;
- the deletion or removal of any of Your emails by the Company as part of its housekeeping process or;
- the termination and deletion of Your email accounts by the Company for any reason whatsoever.
You must ensure that all Messages sent by You to the Company are timely, complete, and accurate. The Company has absolute discretion in deciding which requests, orders, or instructions can be made via email and the Company will inform a Customer if it rejects any requests, order or instructions sent by a Customer by email. If there is evidence that a Message has been corrupted by the Company or if any Message is identified or capable of being identified as being incorrect, You must re-transmit that Message as soon as practicable after becoming aware that the Message has been corrupted or is, or is capable of being, incorrect, together with a clear indication that it is a corrected Message. All Messages are effective only when they have been completely received by the Company and the responsibility is Yours to ensure that the Message is received by the Company.
Security and Virus
You should be aware that, in general, information sent through the Internet is not secured. Email services that may be provided through the Websites generally are not encrypted and do not provide a secure and private means of communication with us. Certain services offered on the Websites do provide a secure means to communicate with us, and You will be advised when You are using such a service. While We may provide those technologies and use other reasonable precautions to protect Confidential Information and provide suitable security, we cannot guarantee that information transmitted through the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions will be free from delay, interruption, interception or error. To protect Your own privacy, Confidential Information should only be communicated via email when You are advised that You are using a secure mechanism. We cannot guarantee or warrant that any part of the Websites, including files available for download, are free of viruses or other harmful code. It is Your responsibility to take appropriate precautions, such as use of an anti-virus software package, to protect Your computer hardware and software.
The Company shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential, punitive damages or economic loss, suffered as a result of:
- the use of, misuse of or inability to use the Website (or any other linked website) by You or anyone else;
- any malfunction, breakdown or error in the Website, howsoever caused;
- the Material on the Website or any information, data or material from any other linked website;
- any cessation, suspension or termination of the Website howsoever caused including any negligence in respect thereof, even if the Company, its directors, employees or authorised representatives have been advised of the possibility of such damages, losses and/or expenses. In no event shall the Company's liability to You for all damages, losses (whether in contract or tort including but not limited to negligence howsoever caused or arising) exceed the amount paid by You, if any, for accessing the Website.
You must indemnify the Company, its directors, employees and Financial Adviser Representatives and hold them indemnified, against:
- all actions, claims, suits, proceedings, causes of action and demands that are made by any Person in connection with Your use (or misuse) of the Website or the Material; and
- all losses, costs, expenses and damages incurred by the Company in connection with a breach by You of any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
Acts by any Person on Your behalf
You are liable to the Company for any acts, failures or omissions (including negligence and any changes in the data comprising any Message), by any Person used by You or acting on Your behalf to transmit, log or process Messages as if they were Your own acts, failures or omissions. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, any Person appointed or engaged by You or used by You in this manner will be deemed to be Your Financial Adviser Representative acting on Your behalf.
Intermediary, Financial Advisers and Financial Adviser Representative
The Intermediary, Financial Advisers and Financial Adviser Representative referred to or mentioned in the Website are not, nor can they be construed as, representatives, Financial Adviser Representatives or employees of the Company. The Company does not in any way endorse, recommend or guarantee the competence, experience, probity, suitability, performance, value, quality or level of service of any Intermediary, Financial Adviser or Financial Adviser Representative and we recommend that You conduct Your own enquiries to satisfy Yourself as to the competence of and accuracy of any information in respect of the Intermediary, Financial Advisers or Financial Adviser Representative. All dealings with any Intermediary, Financial Adviser or Financial Adviser Representative by You are at Your own risk and You shall have no recourse against the Company for whatever reason.
The Company reserves the right to remove from the Website information relating to a particular Intermediary, Financial Adviser or Financial Adviser Representative at any time, with or without cause. If this occurs, You will not be able to access information provided by that Intermediary, Financial Adviser or Financial Adviser Representative.
The Website may provide links to other websites or permit third parties to link to the Website. Links to or from a third party site, whether provided by the Company or not, do not imply an endorsement, approval, or verification of any content available on such third party sites by the Company nor the people who run or contribute to such sites. The Company is not responsible or liable for the accuracy or completeness of the content on any such third party sites. You access these third party websites at Your own risk.
Your access to the Website may be terminated by the Company in its sole discretion at any time without notice. The limitations of liability and disclaimers made by the Company in these Terms and Conditions will survive any termination of access to the Website.
Rights of Third Parties
The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B) shall not apply to these Terms and Conditions.
Third Party Websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites for Your convenience and information, and social media features such as the Facebook “Like” button. However, please note that these websites and features operate independently from us and may have their own privacy notices or policies. If You choose to access these websites and/or use these features, You should review their privacy notices or policies to understand their privacy practices. We will not be responsible for Your access or use of these websites and/or features.
What Personal Information is Collected
The Personal Information collected by the Company about You will depend on Your use of the different functions available on the Website.
If You visit the Website for any reason, including to read, browse, download information, or send Messages, our systems will record Your server address, the date and time of Your visit and Personal Information provided by You to the Company.
The Company reserves the right to use "cookies" so that we may track Your preferences and usage patterns to allow for improvements to the Website and also for planning, product development, marketing and research purposes including improvements and enhancements in our service to You. We may also collect IP addresses to help us diagnose problems.
Disclosure of Personal Information
The Company may, in its absolute discretion, reveal or release Your Personal Information to a third party where this is required or necessary.
If You are an investor or policyholder, You authorise the Company to provide relevant Personal Information to our Financial Adviser Representative.
Security of Personal Information
The Company has implemented suitable security processes and technologies to protect collected Personal Information and to protect it from incorrect use and unauthorised access.
Data Protection Notice
Personal Information provided by You via the Website may be used for data analytics, business reporting, to improve our products and services as well as to improve the User experience and journey. It may also be used to respond to Your queries and requests and for any purposes You have agreed to during Your user journey.
You may also refer to our Data Protection Notice for more information on the collection, use, disclosure and protection of Your Personal Data as well as information on how to access and change Your Personal Data and/or Marketing consents.
If You have provided Your consent, the Company may use Your information to keep You informed by post, telephone, e–mail, text messaging or other electronic means, about insurance and financial products and services which may be of interest to You. Your information may also be used for these purposes after Your policy has lapsed.
However, You can contact us at any time to withdraw Your consent for Your information to be used for the above purposes.
Personal Data Protection Policy
You may refer to our Data Protection Policy for more information on the collection, use, disclosure and protection of Your Personal Data as well as information on how to access and change Your Personal Data and/or Marketing consents.